Finding your purpose
What is it about?
Start by exploring and finding your purpose, this is one of the most crucial phases before decide carry on a purpose-driven project.
Why do you do what you do?
Why do you want to do it?
Ikigai (pronounced “eye-ka-guy”) is, above all else, a lifestyle that strives to balance the spiritual with the practical.
It is a Japanese term that roughly translates to “reason for being.”
This balance is found at the intersection where your passions and talents converge with the things that the world needs and is willing to pay for.
Ikigai is about finding joy, fulfilment, and balance in the daily routine of life.
It’s all too easy to fall victim to siloed thinking, that our job, family, passions, and desires are all separate and unrelated aspects of our lives.
The fundamental truth of Ikigai is that nothing is siloed. Everything is connected.
The Golden Circle
It’s super inspiring and challenges the status quo at its core for identifying your purpose for what you want to do in business, and in life.
The thesis of Simon’s “Start with Why” is his discovery of The Golden Circle. There are three parts of The Golden Circle: Why, How, and What.
Ikigai is divided into 4 sections, every one is about your life decisions.
You are talented.
- 1. What activity does make you the most talented?
- 2. What kind of activity do you perform better than anyone?
What you love
- 3. What activities generate pleasure, happiness and purpose?
What the world needs.
- 4. What does the world need urgently in order to solve the most pressing challenges?
- 5. What can you do to make a liveable planet for you and your family?
- 6. What are the solutions the world urgently need?
What you get paid to do.
7. What activities do you think are demanded and valuable for your economy and that you can carry out?
Write your results and put them on your poster.
Read the results out loud or with the rest of your team. Discuss What forces or influences led you to choose each of the activities? Family, friends, money, society, etc.
It starts with your WHY.
Try answering the following:
What is the reason to start a project?
1. Is there a personal experience, pain, frustration, satisfaction or mission that makes you act?
2. What do you want to achieve with this project?
3. What makes your project different from the others?
4. Is it a validated idea or just a dream?
5. Can you draw the path of your project?
6. What is your project about?
7. How does it work?
8. What is it for?
Write your results on sticky notes and stick them on the poster.
Read aloud each one. And combine them all in a single description of your project of maximum 40 words.
HOW TO INTERPRET IT?
Ikigai has some essential qualities that separate it from the so-called “follow your passion” as we conceive it in Western culture. Some interpretations of the Ikigai:
1. It is challenging, and it should lead you to mastery of your inner calls.
2. It is your choice, and you should feel a certain degree of autonomy and freedom when pursuing your Ikigai.
3. It involves a commitment of time and dedication. Your Ikigai changes with the passage of time, but it is your decision to pursue it.
In a sense, your Ikigai can serve as a compass for navigating both career and life decisions. Ikigai is often not something great or extraordinary, you should not be frustrated if it feels incomplete: Ikigai is a compass, it is not a map with directions.
HOW TO INTERPRET IT?
Simon suggests that very few organizations know why they do what they do, most base their existence on the simple search for money, however, the foundations of an organization that adapts and connects to its market can answer this question: Why does your organization exist?
HOW and WHAT may change over time, but WHY is always constant.
Some organizations know how they have been successful. They may have a powerful value proposition, a large market, or a novel product.
Try to answer How can your solution stand out from other existing solutions?
All organizations know what they are doing.
They know what their mission is, the product or service they offer, and what they charge their customers to do.
The “what” is what lives and dies in most organizations, and in a very changing world, it may vary hundreds of times.
2. Finding your purpose (Ikigai + Golden Circle). How can I find and link my purpose with the purpose of my project?
3. Social Innovation Matrix. How can explore problems and possible solutions?
4. Humanity Development Goals. How can we work with development more holistically?
5. Social Intervention Frame. What is the best intervention to solve a problem?
6. Social Contract. How can design and model a social innovation project?
7. The Social Innovation Canvas. How can design and model a social innovation project?
8. Impact Investor Matrix. How do the investors measure impact on projects?
9. Social Economy. How can I finance my project beyond traditional financing models?
10. Types of Funding. How can I find the best types of funding for my project?
11. Activist Journey. How can I build a movement to solve a social problem?
12. The Social Leader Storytelling. How can I build a powerful and meaningful message for my project?
13. Kite Customer Relationship Management CRM. How can I sell and raise funds for my project?
14. Team Values. How can I build trust among my stakeholder?
15. Recruitment Venn. How can I attract, keep and communicate with the best team for my project?
16. Productivity Board. How can I work more efficiently if I don´t have a clear work process?
17. OKRs. How can I work more efficiently if I already have work process?
18. Decision-Making. How can I discuss and make better decisions with my team
Use Coupon: INNOVATION2020
What is inside your Social Innovation Box?
More than 200 tools, tips, resources and information for boosting your career as a social entrepreneur or consultant.
We use the power of design thinking to efficiently solve problems. Used for Amateurs and Experienced.
4. Post it & Pen,
5. A surprise!
Who can use it?
Social Innovation Box is an effort to facilitate learning and collaboration with the use of easy-to-use tools, it doesn´t requires previous experience in order to apply methods, tools, practices and intelligence:
Amateurs and Experienced.
1. Coaches and Consultants,
3. Socially Responsible Entrepreneurs and Companies,
6. Researchers and / or Educational Institutions,
You can explore it on your own (1 person) or with your team or students (recommended up to 20 people at the same time).
Estimated Time of Arrival?
From July 25th. 2020
Once you pay, you will receive a confirmation email where you will be asked to fill in a form, your responses helps us to correctly confirm your shipping address, and to improve your experience and entry into the community.
Between 5 to 10 days within the European Union.
Between 15 to 30 days to the rest of the world (Due to delays caused by COVID-19).
Do you offer a discount?
Sure! Get an extra discount of - € 10 euros per box, if your minimum order is 10 boxes.
Can we order more than 20?
Our production capacity is 10 to 15 boxes per day.
If your order exceeds 15 boxes, the waiting time for delivery increases 2 days for every 15 extra boxes.
If your order exceeds 10 boxes, you will get a discount of - € 10 euros per box.
Dimensions and Weight?
Dimensions: 33 x 24 x 4.4 cm
Weight: Approx. 2 kgs.
Can I become a distributor?
Sure! If you have access to a large market with a distribution already built, we can grant you distribution rights at a preferential cost.
Do you want to become a Certified Consultant?
You can become a certified consultant in the use, facilitation and application of the Social Innovation Box.
This will allow you to offer high quality consulting, training and workshops for:
NGOs, Socially Responsible Companies, Entrepreneurs, Startups, Government, Activists, Educational Institutions, etc.
Backed and certified by The Global School for Social Leaders.
Send us an email with a short professional summary to: email@example.com
Leaders in the field back the social innovation box up
Years of Research & Development
Countries where it has been applied
The best is the connnection
The best of this experience is not only to be around the coaches and mentors but the entrepreneurs who are here sharing their dreams.
The experience has been very enlightening and inspirational, recommended for those who are willing to challenge the status quo
Thanks for all the tools, but above all for the remarkable change-makers who I can call now my friends
Inspiring presentations, well prepared, insightful, interactive and easy to work with.