Social Innovation Matrix
How does it work?
The Social Innovation Matrix is a tool which allows you to explore problems and solutions in easy, interactive and powerful way.
Social Innovation Matrix
Defining a problem requires a complete understanding of all the forces that make possible the birth, development and permanence of that problem until it becomes the status quo.
Systemic thinking, the science of complexity, and social innovation are fields of study that allow us to analyze these problems and their solutions at all scales, and The Social Innovation Matrix is a tool that allows this exploration and understanding.
Its goal is to define whether a problem is a. new or existing one, in order to be able to find effective, efficient and sustainable solutions for which the value created corresponds mainly to society as a whole, and not only to individuals.
Matching. Where an existing problem could be solved by an existing solution:
1. Better enforcement of a public policy,
2.A reform or a better application of a Process or Methodology,
3. Technology Transfer,
4. Better collaboration & facilitation,
5. Improve Capacities,
Scale Up. Where an new problem could be solve by an existing solutions:
1. Adaptation of Technology and Knowledge.
2. Application of Open Source Technologies.
3. New collaborations
4. Adaptation of existing products and services.
Disruptive. Where an existing problem could be solved by a new solutions:
1. New products and services
2. Reform of Public Policy.
3. Adaptation of technologies
4. New methodologies.
5. Investment in Research & Development.
Radical. Where a new problem could be solved by new solutions:
1. New products and services
2. New public policies
3. New technologies
4. New knowledge
HOW TO USE IT?
State the problem briefly by answering:
- – What is the problem about?
- – Who benefits from the current status quo (the permanence of the problem)?
- – Who benefits from solving the problem?
- – How did that problem develop?
- – Where did this problem develop and under what social, economic, and natural context?
Define if the problem is NEW or EXISTING. Researching a little more about the context, history, actors, and impact.
Explore new and existing solutions and distribute them troughout your poster.
Help yourself with your sticky notes.
HOW TO INTERPRET IT?
Although it is a very basic tool, it is also very useful to start understanding more about a problem you want to solve, its context and multiple solutions.
This tool is NOT intended to choose the best solution or the only solution to a problem, but to explore the complexity of a problem in detail.
Problem: High price of drinking water in the suburbs of Yaounde (Capital of Cameroon).
An existing problem that has affected other cities of the country and the continent over the past years.
New or Disruptive (Disruptive): Development of water purifier run by solar energy.
Existing or Unification (Matching): Production of water purifiers made of ceramic and used by other cities in Africa that tackled the same problem.
Problem: Overexploitation of commercial fishery in the Lake Turkana in Kenya.
A new problem that has no precedent in the modern history of the country.
New or Radical (Radical): Ban on fishing.
Existing or Scaling (Scale-up): Grant fishing licenses, as well as a conservation effort to protect the native species of the lake, both policies with proven success in other lakes in Africa.
2. Finding your purpose (Ikigai + Golden Circle). How can I find and link my purpose with the purpose of my project?
3. Social Innovation Matrix. How can explore problems and possible solutions?
4. Humanity Development Goals. How can we work with development more holistically?
5. Social Intervention Frame. What is the best intervention to solve a problem?
6. Social Contract. How can design and model a social innovation project?
7. The Social Innovation Canvas. How can design and model a social innovation project?
8. Impact Investor Matrix. How do the investors measure impact on projects?
9. Social Economy. How can I finance my project beyond traditional financing models?
10. Types of Funding. How can I find the best types of funding for my project?
11. Activist Journey. How can I build a movement to solve a social problem?
12. The Social Leader Storytelling. How can I build a powerful and meaningful message for my project?
13. Kite Customer Relationship Management CRM. How can I sell and raise funds for my project?
14. Team Values. How can I build trust among my stakeholder?
15. Recruitment Venn. How can I attract, keep and communicate with the best team for my project?
16. Productivity Board. How can I work more efficiently if I don´t have a clear work process?
17. OKRs. How can I work more efficiently if I already have work process?
18. Decision-Making. How can I discuss and make better decisions with my team
Use Coupon: INNOVATION2020
What is inside your Social Innovation Box?
More than 200 tools, tips, resources and information for boosting your career as a social entrepreneur or consultant.
We use the power of design thinking to efficiently solve problems. Used for Amateurs and Experienced.
4. Post it & Pen,
5. A surprise!
Who can use it?
Social Innovation Box is an effort to facilitate learning and collaboration with the use of easy-to-use tools, it doesn´t requires previous experience in order to apply methods, tools, practices and intelligence:
Amateurs and Experienced.
1. Coaches and Consultants,
3. Socially Responsible Entrepreneurs and Companies,
6. Researchers and / or Educational Institutions,
You can explore it on your own (1 person) or with your team or students (recommended up to 20 people at the same time).
Estimated Time of Arrival?
From July 25th. 2020
Once you pay, you will receive a confirmation email where you will be asked to fill in a form, your responses helps us to correctly confirm your shipping address, and to improve your experience and entry into the community.
Between 5 to 10 days within the European Union.
Between 15 to 30 days to the rest of the world (Due to delays caused by COVID-19).
Do you offer a discount?
Sure! Get an extra discount of - € 10 euros per box, if your minimum order is 10 boxes.
Can we order more than 20?
Our production capacity is 10 to 15 boxes per day.
If your order exceeds 15 boxes, the waiting time for delivery increases 2 days for every 15 extra boxes.
If your order exceeds 10 boxes, you will get a discount of - € 10 euros per box.
Dimensions and Weight?
Dimensions: 33 x 24 x 4.4 cm
Weight: Approx. 2 kgs.
Can I become a distributor?
Sure! If you have access to a large market with a distribution already built, we can grant you distribution rights at a preferential cost.
Do you want to become a Certified Consultant?
You can become a certified consultant in the use, facilitation and application of the Social Innovation Box.
This will allow you to offer high quality consulting, training and workshops for:
NGOs, Socially Responsible Companies, Entrepreneurs, Startups, Government, Activists, Educational Institutions, etc.
Backed and certified by The Global School for Social Leaders.
Send us an email with a short professional summary to: email@example.com
Leaders in the field back the social innovation box up
Years of Research & Development
Countries where it has been applied
The best is the connnection
The best of this experience is not only to be around the coaches and mentors but the entrepreneurs who are here sharing their dreams.
The experience has been very enlightening and inspirational, recommended for those who are willing to challenge the status quo
Thanks for all the tools, but above all for the remarkable change-makers who I can call now my friends
Inspiring presentations, well prepared, insightful, interactive and easy to work with.