The Social Leader Storytelling
How does it work?
The Storytelling Social Leader is a powerful tool that allows you to build up meaningful and memorable messages.
The Storytelling Social Leader is the tool that allows you to build memorable and meaningful messages by equalizing emotions levels into 2 quadrants:
Driven by Emotion: People, anecdotes, feelings.
Driven by reason: Facts, data, analytics.
The message is divided into 6 parts:
1. Empathize: Why should they listen to you?
2. Context: How did the problem start?
3. Tension: How is the problem directly affecting us?
4. Understanding: What are the barriers to solving the problem?
5. Resilience: What achievements have we achieved?
6. Call to Action: What can each of us do to make a difference?
Empathize: Why should they listen to you?
Beyond money, people’s attention is a scarcer and very valuable resource, so you should be clear from the beginning on how you should retain their attention.
Use an aspiration, achievement or everyday problem, generate curiosity or amazement, share a shocking fact or figure that connects in everyday life, etc.
Context: How did the problem start?
No single problem is isolated, and the moral authority you have to solve it resides in the ability to explain its history and evolution.
Be direct, use a story, be rigorous with your data & facts, use testimonials.
Tension: How is the problem directly affecting us?
Very few people understand the impact of a problem until it is reflected directly in our lives.
Use examples, break myths, build up connections, challengue mental assumptions and interact with your audience.
Understanding: What are the barriers to solving the problem?
This moment allows you to differentiate yourself from a person who understands only the sufrace of problem, from the one who understands the forces and complexities that limit change.
Share data, findings, place your audience in your shoes, make them part of the problem and the solution.
Resilience: What achievements have we achieved?
No one wants to join a lost cause or go home hopeless. You main goals should be giving light, power, hope and future. Share your achievements, others’ achievements, and small-scale achievements.
Call to Action: What can each of us do to make a difference?
The most crucial, and emotional moment of all. Save your best phrases, what made you vibrate yourself, get inspired. and trigger action. Extend an honest invitation to join your purpose and mission.
HOW TO USE IT?
Prepare your story in 10 images maximum.
In Team: Establish groups of min. 5 max. 10 people for the 1st round of presentations, each member of the team will have a maximum of 3 minutes to present their story.
Individual: Record your presentation on video from your phone for a maximum of 5 minutes.
After each presentation is finished, rate each other presentation from 0 to 5 following the criteria:
- – Clear,
- – Informative,
- – Exciting,
- – Impactful
DO NOT give feedback, just evaluate by assigning a number.
After this round, make a break of 10 mins. to reorganize and improve all presentations.
Start the 2nd round, and repeat step 2. After the second presentation, it is time to give feedback.
30 years ago we thought that the end of the world would be due to nuclear war, that robots would take over, or that a meteorite would hit the planet. The war did start, but it is not nuclear, it is against ourselves.
30 years ago the scientific community warned us that our insatiable appetite for fossil fuels would create a problem.
20 years ago we were warned that any transgression in the wildlife and any species of animal would cause deadly diseases.
And what did happen?
We increased our consumption by double, we extract from ground coal and fossil fuels as never before, our animal-farming for meat consumption skyrocket at 500% increase.
We were asked, that in order to avoid a planetary catastrophe, we should reduce our emissions by 2% every year. And yet we ignored it and here we are on the verge climate collapse, with a new target on emission reduction of no less than 8%.
The most optimistic scientists have predicted the end of our civilization if we do not drastically change the way we live.
The planet can meet everyone’s needs, but not everyone’s greed. By 2050 the population will be 9 billion. It took humanity 200 thousand years to reach its first billion, and only 200 to reach 9 billion.
We are the last generation that can do something to recover our mother earth, with just one small change in our lifestyle: Eat Healthily.
Just by reducing your meat consumption by 50%, you could save up to 10,000 trees.
By just eating seasonal fruits and vegetables you could save 10,000 km2 of land every month and the home of hundreds of species.
Do you think this is difficult? Not at all!
I thought the same, I was in that chair with you, in the same uncomfortable situation, but I promise you, it takes only 30 days in order to feel yourself better, with more energy, more concentration but above all, happier with yourself and the planet.
Call to Action.
You have the power today to condemn the next generations to war, famine and collapse, or let your grandchildren enjoy swimming in a lake or visiting the sea.
You have the power to erase 200 species that will become extinct today alone, or give your grandchildren’s a beautiful tour through the forest to spot birds.
Do you want to join? Visit us at www.theglobal.school
HOW TO INTERPRET IT?
Having a powerful solution and an audience willing to listen will have little effect if you don’t build a powerful message.
On the other hand, powerful messages without a powerful solution and an audience will end up being unsustainable in the short term. Being ready to success means having a powerful solution, an audience willing to listen to you and a powerful message.
Build a powerful message is crucial for connecting your idea to an audience.
Storytelling is a unique tool able to create powerful messages to a large audience by providing:
2. Finding your purpose (Ikigai + Golden Circle). How can I find and link my purpose with the purpose of my project?
3. Social Innovation Matrix. How can explore problems and possible solutions?
4. Humanity Development Goals. How can we work with development more holistically?
5. Social Intervention Frame. What is the best intervention to solve a problem?
6. Social Contract. How can design and model a social innovation project?
7. The Social Innovation Canvas. How can design and model a social innovation project?
8. Impact Investor Matrix. How do the investors measure impact on projects?
9. Social Economy. How can I finance my project beyond traditional financing models?
10. Types of Funding. How can I find the best types of funding for my project?
11. Activist Journey. How can I build a movement to solve a social problem?
12. The Social Leader Storytelling. How can I build a powerful and meaningful message for my project?
13. Kite Customer Relationship Management CRM. How can I sell and raise funds for my project?
14. Team Values. How can I build trust among my stakeholder?
15. Recruitment Venn. How can I attract, keep and communicate with the best team for my project?
16. Productivity Board. How can I work more efficiently if I don´t have a clear work process?
17. OKRs. How can I work more efficiently if I already have work process?
18. Decision-Making. How can I discuss and take better decisions with my team
We a multi-awarded NGO with headquarters in Vienna, Austria and Berlin, Germany, specialised in holistic & disruptive education for purpose-driven leaders.
Become a Certified Consultant. & Trainer
This will allow you to offer high-quality consulting, training and workshop services for:
NGOs, Purpose-Driven Companies & Entrepreneurs, Startups, Government, Activists, Educational Institutions, etc.
Supported and certified by The Global School for Social Leaders and The Social Innovation Agency, both renowned organizations.
Send us an E-mail with you CV attached to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Leaders in the field back the social innovation box up
Years of Research & Development
Countries where it has been applied
The best is the connnection
The best of this experience is not only to be around the coaches and mentors but the entrepreneurs who are here sharing their dreams.
The experience has been very enlightening and inspirational, recommended for those who are willing to challenge the status quo
Thanks for all the tools, but above all for the remarkable change-makers who I can call now my friends
Inspiring presentations, well prepared, insightful, interactive and easy to work with.