The Activist Journey
How does it work?
The Activist Journey is a powerful tool that designs a cycle of key activities to build up a social movement.
The route is divided into 5 parts:
– Connect (Connect): With people who share your feelings and your purpose.
– Educa (Educate): Through information, tools, experience and resources.
– Resist (Resist): To internal and external forces.
– Renew (Renew): All the energy and ideas.
– Celebrate (Celebrate): All failures and achievements.
This tool is inspired by the work of Helena Norberg-Hodge, Director of Local Futures, and Author of The Economics of Happiness.
Helena is a renowned activist with over 50 years of experience spearheading the regenerative economics and localization movement.
Connect: With people who share your feelings and your purpose.
Generating change is a long road that requires perseverance and courage, so the best way to do this is to connect with people who share your feeling and purpose. You can start with few people, but gradually multiplying.
Educate: Through information, tools, experience and resources.
To yourself and others. Re-examine prejudices and assumptions; Compare arguments and positions, and above all explore the problem in detail.
Share books, movies, tools, website. Build your own database and arguments to support your movement.
Education is the purest form of activism.
Resist: To internal and external forces.
Don’t be afraid to say no and go against the status quo; Be clear about what you resist, why, the benefits of changing it, and the steps to achieve it. Don’t overuse fear and anger, they tend to weaken.
Renew: All the energy and ideas.
Maintain a constant flow of energy, inspiration, and ideas, without losing your way.
It allows a time of internal and external renewal, allows you to digest ideas and feelings, and reconvene your group.
Celebrate: All failures and achievements.
Above all the things you can celebrate, they are the true stories of failures and successes, mistakes and achievements. Once you change lenses on how you approach a problem, there is an awakening and inner growth that deserves to be celebrated with everyone.
Allow each of your group members to be the center of celebration and joy, and make it as memorable, physically and emotionally, as possible.
HOW TO USE IT?
Write down your strategy for each section.
1. Connect, redact your call,
2. Educate, redact what resources and information you need to back up your movement.
3. Resist, redact an invitation to join a strike, public demonstration o resistance movement.
4. Renew, redact a renewal strategy.
5. Celebrate, redact a celebratory statement.
Team: Present each section in a maximum time of 3 minutes.
Individual: Record your presentation on video using your phone. Max. 3 minutes.
After each presentation is finished, you must rate (from 0 to 5) how clear it is, and then give feedback.
After this round, take a 10 minutes break, reorganize and improve all your presentations.
Start the 2nd round, and repeat step 2.
Problem: Excessive garbage on the streets of your neighbourhood.
Using an event on Facebook as an example.
Invite all the neighbours for a meeting concerned about the problem, use photos, and specific data. It should not necessarily be an invitation to mobilize, rather meet, learn, get to know each other and exchange ideas. Your call should include Who you are, why you do it, where, the background of the problem and its negative effects. Date and time of the meeting, as well as the objectives and rules.
Research what causes the excess of garbage, where, what type of garbage, possible solutions. Share this information with others, exchange points of view, and above all, invite everyone to continue learning, investigating and gathering evidence.
Create a communication channel where everyone can share, as well as a repository to store information.
Hold the first public demonstration of resistance. It should not necessarily be through a march or in-person protest. It can also be through a statement, a request sheet, a meeting with the authorities, a press conference, a video, etc.
Do not forget that this phase aims to informing and summoning more people who share your concerns and purpose.
Evaluate the path travelled, the results, goals, limitations and obstacles. Keep it positive, and give room to renew energy, messages, ideas, and strategy. Do not rush in this process, the space for internal and external reflection is important.
You must publicly recognize the achievements of the group or movement, and of each of its members, give space to share, mistakes and achievements, and how they have helped personal and spiritual growth and development.
Dance, sing, laugh, cry, and hug.
HOW TO INTERPRET IT?
It is clear that the execution will be far from your planning, however, it is important to recognize in which phase you are in order to make better decisions.
The journey is very long, and even though the strategies will change a lot, the importance of them lies in the constant evaluation of your efforts.
This tool will increase your purpose´s power, relevance and impact when you combine it with the rest of your teamwork tools.
2. Finding your purpose (Ikigai + Golden Circle). How can I find and link my purpose with the purpose of my project?
3. Social Innovation Matrix. How can explore problems and possible solutions?
4. Humanity Development Goals. How can we work with development more holistically?
5. Social Intervention Frame. What is the best intervention to solve a problem?
6. Social Contract. How can design and model a social innovation project?
7. The Social Innovation Canvas. How can design and model a social innovation project?
8. Impact Investor Matrix. How do the investors measure impact on projects?
9. Social Economy. How can I finance my project beyond traditional financing models?
10. Types of Funding. How can I find the best types of funding for my project?
11. Activist Journey. How can I build a movement to solve a social problem?
12. The Social Leader Storytelling. How can I build a powerful and meaningful message for my project?
13. Kite Customer Relationship Management CRM. How can I sell and raise funds for my project?
14. Team Values. How can I build trust among my stakeholder?
15. Recruitment Venn. How can I attract, keep and communicate with the best team for my project?
16. Productivity Board. How can I work more efficiently if I don´t have a clear work process?
17. OKRs. How can I work more efficiently if I already have work process?
18. Decision-Making. How can I discuss and make better decisions with my team
Use Coupon: INNOVATION2020
What is inside your Social Innovation Box?
More than 200 tools, tips, resources and information for boosting your career as a social entrepreneur or consultant.
We use the power of design thinking to efficiently solve problems. Used for Amateurs and Experienced.
4. Post it & Pen,
5. A surprise!
Who can use it?
Social Innovation Box is an effort to facilitate learning and collaboration with the use of easy-to-use tools, it doesn´t requires previous experience in order to apply methods, tools, practices and intelligence:
Amateurs and Experienced.
1. Coaches and Consultants,
3. Socially Responsible Entrepreneurs and Companies,
6. Researchers and / or Educational Institutions,
You can explore it on your own (1 person) or with your team or students (recommended up to 20 people at the same time).
Estimated Time of Arrival?
From July 25th. 2020
Once you pay, you will receive a confirmation email where you will be asked to fill in a form, your responses helps us to correctly confirm your shipping address, and to improve your experience and entry into the community.
Between 5 to 10 days within the European Union.
Between 15 to 30 days to the rest of the world (Due to delays caused by COVID-19).
Do you offer a discount?
Sure! Get an extra discount of - € 10 euros per box, if your minimum order is 10 boxes.
Can we order more than 20?
Our production capacity is 10 to 15 boxes per day.
If your order exceeds 15 boxes, the waiting time for delivery increases 2 days for every 15 extra boxes.
If your order exceeds 10 boxes, you will get a discount of - € 10 euros per box.
Dimensions and Weight?
Dimensions: 33 x 24 x 4.4 cm
Weight: Approx. 2 kgs.
Can I become a distributor?
Sure! If you have access to a large market with a distribution already built, we can grant you distribution rights at a preferential cost.
Do you want to become a Certified Consultant?
You can become a certified consultant in the use, facilitation and application of the Social Innovation Box.
This will allow you to offer high quality consulting, training and workshops for:
NGOs, Socially Responsible Companies, Entrepreneurs, Startups, Government, Activists, Educational Institutions, etc.
Backed and certified by The Global School for Social Leaders.
Send us an email with a short professional summary to: email@example.com
Leaders in the field back the social innovation box up
Years of Research & Development
Countries where it has been applied
The best is the connnection
The best of this experience is not only to be around the coaches and mentors but the entrepreneurs who are here sharing their dreams.
The experience has been very enlightening and inspirational, recommended for those who are willing to challenge the status quo
Thanks for all the tools, but above all for the remarkable change-makers who I can call now my friends
Inspiring presentations, well prepared, insightful, interactive and easy to work with.